Friday, July 20, 2012

Gears of War 3 Review

Gears of War 3 Cover box Art


Gears of War 3 is the trilogy to the hit Xbox 360 series, and it definitely ended with a bang! Gears of War 3's story is a strong point for it, as it is full of action, suspense, and drama for the conclusion of the trilogy. The story really sets it home, and the campaign can be played in arcade mode and regular mode with up to 3 other players to assist you through the story completely. The game has multiple difficulty settings and rewards you with weapon colors and such for completion of some of the previous 2 games achievements, like golden hammerburst, lancers, and so forth. This game also has a strong multiplayer, with several cooperative gameplay like horde mode, campaign, and the new beast mode.




Gears of War 3 combat Introduction image

   Beast mode is the reverse of horde mode, as in Beast Mode, you will be playing as the locust and you will be killing the CoG and stranded forces, and bypassing their defenses. Beast mode offers you cash for destruction of defenses, and the destruction of the CoG/Stranded forces. There is 12 levels of Beast mode and with each additional level there will be "Hero" soldiers, which are favorites like Marcus, Cole, Baird, and the rest of the Gears team. There is several medals and ribbons to be had in the new Beast mode, and it is alot of fun to play with others. As you earn cash and kills, you will unlock stronger tiers of locust to play as, such as Kantus, Boomers, Berserkers, and more. The more you kill, the quicker the tiers will be unlocked for that match.

Gears of War 3 Combat image
   The game has multiple versus modes such as warzone, execution, team deathmatch, and many more to wet your PvP hunger, and it delivers with it's visceral combat and gore! As you unlock your executions, which can be done in any mode, even campaign mode. The beauty of this game is that you can level up in any game mode, and unlock more characters to play with in multiplayer mode, and there is a lot of levels to advance to earn and there is a lot of unlockables, based on your medal advancement, and level advancement.

  Overall, this game delivers in both story and multiplayer and I highly recommend it to those who want to play with friends and get some versus action in, plus for the replay value, as there is alot of medals, levels, weapon customization and more!
Clayton Carmine choking a locust in Gears of War 3Gears 3 Multiplayer
Gears of War 3

2 comments:

  1. When I was over at a friend and co-workers house from Dish, I noticed for that those who like play co-op, there is the arcade mode. In this mode you still play the core campaign but everyone is scored. Depending on amount of kills, rescues and so on, you get a score. It doesn't really do much but add a taste of competition to the 2-4 player campaign, but it definitely adds to the fun factor. I wish I could afford to buy it right now, but like so many of us I’m all out of money. I did have to add it to my Blockbuster@Home video game queue and I can’t wait until I get it in my mailbox. The good thing about using Blockbuster to rent games is that right now you can try it out for free. Can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me and my friends still play Gears 3 and Borderlands for the Co-op action. I love games that offer you alot for multiplayer and singleplayer, and Gears 3 delivers.

    I haven't been checking prices lately, but I think you can get Gears for under 20-30 in some places.

    I hear you about the money issues, I don't like paying 60$ for a game unless I pre-order and pay it off little by little.

    ReplyDelete